Just as any good financial planner would recommend you review and update your investments periodically, I think it is important to review and update my travel bucket list.
I did this as I begin thinking about taking a “big” trip next year for a milestone birthday. I am going to get older – there is no changing that – so I might as well do it in style!
Here is the current version of my bucket list. It is subject to change.
These are the places I’ve never visited:
- Bora Bora – an over-the-water villa, of course
- Australia – must include a diving trip to the Great Barrier Reef
- Australia/New Zealand cruise
- Thailand – Bangkok and Phuket
- Petra, Jordan
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Israel – Dead Sea and Jerusalem
- Asian cruise – such as Hong Kong to Singapore via Cunard
- Any cruise on Cunard
- African safari – the kind where I shoot pictures, not animals
- South American cruise – must include Galapagos
- Italy – must include where I haven’t been yet: Venice, Milan and Lake Como
- Pyramids in Egypt
- Rio de Janeiro – for Carnival
- Greek Islands cruise
These are the places I have visited, but would like to return to:
- South of France
- Roatan, Honduras
- Hawaii – must include the Big Island so I can see the active volcano
- Sweden and Norway (maybe Finland too) – since Ancestry.com says I am 80% Scandinavian I need to see more of where my great-grandparents came from
There are 195 or 196 countries, depending on who you ask. (Taiwan is the question mark.) I’ve only been to about 15% of them.
Time to see more of our beautiful planet!