Blogs I Follow
- 3,081 hits
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
I’ve lived in Minnesota for most of my life. Land of 10,000 lakes. We like to poke fun at ourselves by saying the mosquito is our state bird. (It is really the loon.)
Minnesota has one place listed in the “book” – Boundary Waters, Ely, MN. I haven’t been there. It is a very long drive from where I live. I should go…sometime.
Minnesota has lots of noteworthy sights, and these I have seen or experienced:
1. giant Paul Bunyan statue
2. Garrison Keillor
3. Itasca State Park – this is where the mighty Mississippi starts
4. First Avenue – where Prince got his start in the music business
5. HHH Metrodome – home of the NFL Vikings
6. a Great Lake – Superior
7. Hockey Hall of Fame
8. Guthrie Theatre
9. Pillsbury and General Mills world headquarters
10. 3M world headquarters
11. Target world headquarters
12. first indoor shopping mall in US – Southdale
13. largest mall in US – Mall of America
14. Brooklyn Park (the city I grew up in) was the city where Jesse Ventura was mayor
Great Wikipeda entry if you want more information on my home state.